- What does the XL 5200 Sony Projector Lamp with Housing Lamp Replace?
- How to replace XL 5200 Sony Projector Lamp with Housing?
XL 5200 Sony Projector Lamp with Housing is a replacement lamp compatible with the follwoing models:
50″ Sony Projection SXRD TV Models:
- KDS-50A2000 (KDS50A2000)
- KDS-50A2020 (KDS50A2020)
- KDS-50A3000 (KDS50A3000)
55″ Sony Projection SXRD TV Models:
- KDS-55A2000 (KDS55A2000)
- KDS-55A2020 (KDS55A2020)
- KDS-55A3000 (KDS55A3000)
60″ Sony Projection SXRD TV Models:
- KDS-60A2000 (KDS60A2000)
- KDS-60A2020 (KDS60A2020)
- KDS-60A3000 (KDS60A3000)
Product Details for Sony XL 5200 Replacement Lamp with Housing:
- About Our Lamps: These are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Lamps – Philips or Osram/Sylvania Brand lamps – inside of third party housings. These ARE NOT generic replacement lamps (commonly known as OEM Compatible). Click here to learn more about differences between OEM and OEM Equivalents.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Manufacturer Part Number: XL-5200
- Warranty: 180 Day Warranty
- Please do not remove the bulb from the housing, as this will void the manufacturer’s warranty
XL-5200 Sony Projector Lamp with Housing for sale at Planet Bulb.
How to Replace Sony XL 5200 Projector Lamp and Housing:
- Clean Glove or TowelAvoid touching the lamp glass, oil from skin shortens the life of the lamp by increasing the temperature of the glass.
- ScrewdriverTo open access panel, tighten wire contacts and secure housing assembly
Unplug the Projector or TV Unit from Electrical Outlet. Locate Your Owners Manual.
Follow in instruction manual from unit manufacturer if possible. Manufacturer may have the manual available on their website (sony.com).
Remove Panel on Unit to Access Lamp Housing Assembly.
Access panel location varies from model to model. May be located in the front, back, top or bottom. Finding the screw to release the access panel may be on the side or underneath. Save screws because they will be reused when the new lamp is installed.
Unscrew Housing Assembly and Remove from Unit.
Do not discard any screws or wires and be careful not to break or crack fragile plastic pieces of the assembly or unit.
Disconnect Wires from Old Lamp and Connect Wires to New Lamp. Screw the New Assembly into Unit.
Do not force the new assembly into the unit. If the new assembly does not fit easily please contact Planet Bulb to exchange the lamp and housing for the correct lamp.
Be careful not to over tighten the screws because it may crack or break the assembly. A snug fit is perfect, do not apply a lot of pressure to the screws.
Power On Unit and Follow Manual or Unit Instructions.
Warning: Powerful projection units are not meant to be turned on and off quickly. It is a good idea to wait 30 minutes for the lamp and unit to cool down before turning it on again. This will extend the life of your lamps and other projection components.