Step-by-step process to replace Smartboard Projector Lamps
- Remove projector from its boom
- Remove the old lamp
- Install a new lamp
- Replace the projector on its boom
- Reset the lamp timer
**If a lamp fails or if a replacement message appears on the screen of the projector, a qualified person can replace the projector lamp. Do not access the service panel without a replacement lamp and instructions in hand.
Order replacement Whiteboard Lamps at Planetbulb:
Step-by-Step Replacement Process:
Remove the projector plate assembly from the boom:
- Put the system in Standby mode by pressing the power button twice on the extended control panel (ECP) or remote. Wait for the system to enter Standby mode. The power button light on the ECP turns solid amber when the system is in Standby.
- Turn off the projector’s master power switch to shut down the system.
- Disconnect the power cord and all connected cables.
- Wait at least 15 minutes for the projector’s housing to completely cool.
- Close the projector lens door to prevent scratching or touching of the lens.
- While firmly holding the projector with your hand, and without putting pressure or weight on the projector boom, unscrew the thumbscrew that connects the projector plate assembly to the boom.
- When this thumbscrew is removed, the projector plate assembly swings freely. Put the thumbscrew in a safe place. Carefully disengage the projector plate assembly’s hinge channel from the connecting flange hook on the projector boom. Lay the projector flat on your work area.
- Unscrew the three screws connecting the projector plate to the projector. Put the screws in a safe place.
- Turn the projector over and lay it on your work area so that the warning lights and setting buttons face upwards
Replace the lamp
- Loosen the two screws on the outer lamp cover with a Phillips No. 2 screwdriver. These screws cannot be removed. Raise the outer lamp cover using a flat screwdriver or your finger. Keep the outer lamp cover in a safe place.
- Allow sufficient time for the lamp and the inner lamp cover to cool. They should feel comfortably cool to touch and work with easily.
- Loosen the screw on the inner lamp cover. Remove the screw and raise the inner lamp cover out of the lamp slot using a flat screwdriver or your finger. Keep the inner lamp cover and the screw in a safe place.
- Loosen the three lamp locking screws. These screws cannot be removed. Rotate the handle on the old lamp so it faces upwards.
- Press on the tab and pull up with the handle on the old lamp. Release the tab. Recycle or dispose of the old lamp according to your local waste authority.
- Remove the new lamp from all of its packaging. Remove the plastic labeling on the lamp handle. Press the tab, put the new lamp into the lamp slot, and push it all the way down. Release the tab.
- Tighten the lamp locking screws until the new lamp is secure.
- Put the inner lamp cover back into its original position. Retrieve the inner lamp cover screw from step 3, and then insert it in its slot. Tighten the screw until the inner lamp cover is secure.
- Put the outer lamp cover back into its original position. Align the cover and tighten the screws until the outer lamp cover is secure.
Replace the projector plate assembly on the projector boom:
- Attach the projector plate to the projector using the three screws that you removed during the projector plate disassembly.
- Press and hold the up button on the remote control for approximately 10 seconds. When the projector beeps, press and hold the down button on the remote control for approximately 10 seconds. The lamp timer clears after another beep.
- Press the power button on the ECP or remote to start up the system. The power button light on the ECP turns solid green when the system starts.
- To confirm that the lamp timer has been reset, press the MENU button on the remote control. Scroll to the Status Display menu heading, and then confirm that 0 h appears in the Lamp timer field. Your lamp reset count has increased by one.
- Wait five minutes for the projector lamp to warm up.
- After confirming that the lamp timer has been reset, put the system in Standby mode by pressing the power button twice on the ECP or remote. The power button light on the ECP turns solid amber when the system is in Standby.
- Wait for the system to enter Standby mode, turn off the projector’s master power switch to shut off the system, and then turn on the projector’s master power switch.
- When you are ready to use the system, press the power button on the ECP to start up the system.
*** If you have issues, contact authorized SMART support ***